Thursday, January 9, 2014

Miles the Miraculous

Well, it turns out I did not stay pregnant forever. I was getting worried there at the end. I went to my OB appointment the day before my due date and took my hospital bag, you know...just in case. Ken was supposed to meet me at said appointment, but he did not come. I am not still miffed about that. I ended up having to call him and tell him to get his rear over to the hospital because they wanted me to check in immediately. I'm not miffed about that, as I already mentioned.

Folks at Ken's office were waiting on pins and needles to hear news of the baby's birth. Mostly because they had a betting pool going.

I had prepared a labor and delivery play list. I plugged my headphones in and had a baby a few hours later. Yay!

Miles Adam was born at 4:30 p.m. on October 3rd, weighing in at 7 lbs and measuring 20 inches.


He was not happy about being born. Then, to make matters worse for him, they took him shortly after birth to get a blood culture and collect some blood for a group B strep test. Only his blood kept clotting before they could collect enough. So, they just kept trying until his little foot was all bruised and I told them to quit messing with my poor baby.











 As you can see, his brothers and sisters all want to hold him...all the time. We had to establish a schedule during their hospital visits to prevent an all out brawl.


He is a sweet, handsome boy. Welcome to the world Miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment