Ken took the day off from work to go to 5th grade camp with Kadie. They had a great time. (Although they returned home pretty late at night, Kadie was exhausted and came in the door crying that her Dad had been the last one to pick her up and she was waiting at the school all alone. An odd story considering he went with her. Oh, and her shorts had a hole in them. Talk about the straw that broke the camel's back. I just love preteen girl drama.)
Kadie's memories of camp are thus:
Camp was awesome! The egg drop was the first thing my group
did. We had to make something to protect an egg. I was freaked out by how tall
the building was that we would drop our egg off, so I had my friend, who was
also freaked out, do it.
After the egg drop, we geocached. My group’s GPS was telling us to go way off and my dad helped more. We were geocaching to find plastic ducks. My group only found 2 ducks.
After some breaks, we had the waterfront station. I canoed with my dad and my math teacher, Ms. Setzer. My friend, Bella, and I rode in a paddle boat. We rock climbed too. Finally, we did zip line. It was 40 feet long!
Ken says camp was dusty and Kadie was very hungry at the end, so he gave her half of his pizza. (What a great Dad to sacrifice so his children won't go hungry.)





No comments:
Post a Comment