We stopped in St. George for lunch and stopped in Hurricane for a visit with Grandma and Grandpa Adams.
It was so nice at the cabin. The weather was beautiful. We had fun walking to the waterfall. (Most of us had fun. Luke decided he wanted to be carried. He is definitely too big to be carried. Sharla noticed Luke gave up and figured she could follow suit. We motivated them to walk farther by having them to count to 33 and then swinging them. This method worked on the way to the waterfall, but Luke would have none of it on the way back. I tried my old, "If you're not going to walk, I guess you'll just have to stay here." Instead of saying "OK! I will walk" like he used to, he sat down on a rock and said, "Okay, I will stay here." It took me a good ten minutes to convince him to walk again. Somehow we made it back to the cabin.)
There was some eating of roasted marshmallows:
The girls formed a "Clean Green Society" complete with group rap (notice Kadie and Emma with their backward baseball cap rapper look.)
Keep our cabin clean, sparkling, and amazing.
Keep the cabin clean and the mice will stay out.
Listen and we'll tell you what this is all about.
If our cabin's clean we can have lots of fun.
Listen to the rap masters.
If the cabin ain't clean and it's dirty, we'll be stuck cleaning 'till we're thirty.
Word.
They presented Grandma with the honor of being the first official officer of the Clean Green Society.
There was some unpleasant business with a stomach bug the last week of our cabin stay. I chose not to take any pictures of that fiasco. Poor Kayann was miserably ill on her birthday. We had to postpone cake and homemade almond ice cream until the next day. I was worried that my kids would be ill for the trip home (not a pleasant prospect) or that I would come down with the disease mid-trip home (visions of being stranded in Denver), but we escaped without too much difficulty.
We had a great time at the cabin, for the most part. We've missed spending time there.







No comments:
Post a Comment