I miss my kids already.
No, really. I enjoyed summer thoroughly. It was too short. And now we are back to the grindstone.
The kids don’t even have full school days this week. They get out an hour early, but that only serves to make me feel even more like I’m running frantically from one activity to the next.
Do I miss my kids, or just the easy structure of summer?
No, I’m sure I miss my kids.
Aidan was so excited for the first day of school. He set all his clothes out the night before (except for clean underwear, but I’m a savvy Mom. I always check for clean underwear. Now I need to get in the habit of doing deodorant checks…but that one isn’t for Aidan’s benefit…Yet.) He also made his lunch the night before and stored it in the fridge, ready to go. This morning he was a little nervous about knowing how to get to his class, but Kadie reminded him how to get to the 4th grade pod and he obviously found his way.
Kadie was also very excited for the first day of school. She has had her first day outfit planned for a week. She took a shower the night before and I put her hair in curlers. That girl has crazy hair. By the time I picked her up from school, her hair was straight again. She is already in love with her new teacher, Mrs. Firestone.
Reilly is old hat at middle school this year. She was a little nervous to learn that her Pre-Algebra class is in the eighth grade wing of the school, but she seems to have come to terms with her fate. (I hope she gets over her fear of eighth grade before next year.) She has a new determination to be more organized this year. I hope that works out for her. It sure would make my life easier.
Luke was king of the roost today. (So nothing has changed for him.) I took him with me to meet some friends for breakfast after we dropped Kadie and Aidan off at the school. I ordered a bagel and he ordered a yogurt parfait. He ate my bagel and then finished off the tub of cream cheese with a spoon. (More than one person shuttered in disgust.)
No comments:
Post a Comment