Thursday, November 4, 2010

My Baby is Growing UP

Luke turned 3 on Tuesday…and it did nothing to improve his disposition.

I love my boy!



I made him his favorite dinner of homemade pizza. First he didn’t want to eat it. He wanted to eat veggie straws for dinner instead. Although that sounds healthy, they are only glorified potato chips, so there was no way he was eating that for dinner. We placated him with opening a gift sent by Grandma and Grandpa Black. He though his clothes were “so cute.”

He then decided he would like some pizza. The slice I cut for him had some stringy cheese on the side. That was ALL WRONG and apparently it was Aidan’s fault. We got him another piece. (I do not usually give in to his demands like this, but it was his birthday.) Somehow we got through dinner and a few more presents and cake with only slight drama.
Some things about Luke:
He has decided to become a nudist, just in time for winter. I usually manage to get him into clothing for about 10 minutes in the morning. It started out that he would take his clothes off anytime someone had offended him. Maybe he is just offended all the time now…I don’t know. This behavior wouldn’t be half as bad if he was potty trained.

He calls me “Dammy” which sort of sounds like he is swearing at me, but it is really a term of endearment.

He loves music or “mucus” as he calls it. He is always singing. His favorites are “The Alphabet Song,” “The Itsy Bitsy Spider,” and the theme to Wonder Pets. He will get up on the piano bench and say, “I practicing piano.” Then he’ll tickle the ivories and sing.


He squints one of his eyes shut when he points at something.
His favorite things to eat are apples, strawberries, smoothies, toast, pizza and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. If I serve him anything else he says, “That’s disgusting Mom. Put it back!”

If he shuts the door when he’s alone in a room, he is definitely up to no good.

One of his favorite pass times is pouring full bottles of hand soap/shampoo/vinegar/lotion…well pretty much any bottle that has anything left in it he likes to pour down the sink.

He is very friendly and loving. He has half the children/tweens/teens in the ward wrapped around his little finger because they think he is so cute.

He is so cute. (I guess he has me wrapped around his finger too.)







No comments:

Post a Comment