
George Dyer came to Lincoln and gave a divine concert just for our Stake. He did a concert at the huge Methodist church down the street from us the next night (they have the hugest churches here….like on every street corner), but we couldn't make that (and it probably was a lot more crowded anyway.)
As soon as we pulled up to the Stake Center, Luke started to complain. He became even more vocal when he realized we were seating ourselves in the chapel instead of attending some “fun” activity at the church. So…Ken spent most of the concert in the foyer. (Thank you husband)!
My favorite songs of the night were “The Impossible Dream,” “My Shepherd Will Supply my Need,” and “Come Thou Fount.”
Afterward we got to mingle with the Dyers and their accompanist whilst partaking of refreshments. I made Reilly go with me to talk with Brother Dyer. He asked Reilly if she liked to sing, a definite yes. He said, “What kind of music do you like? Let me guess…Hannah Montana?” Reilly almost had a coronary. She told him she liked musicals. And he told me I had raised her well (as if I didn’t know.) He tried to get her to sing “Popular” with him, but she was too embarrassed.
As soon as we pulled up to the Stake Center, Luke started to complain. He became even more vocal when he realized we were seating ourselves in the chapel instead of attending some “fun” activity at the church. So…Ken spent most of the concert in the foyer. (Thank you husband)!
My favorite songs of the night were “The Impossible Dream,” “My Shepherd Will Supply my Need,” and “Come Thou Fount.”
Afterward we got to mingle with the Dyers and their accompanist whilst partaking of refreshments. I made Reilly go with me to talk with Brother Dyer. He asked Reilly if she liked to sing, a definite yes. He said, “What kind of music do you like? Let me guess…Hannah Montana?” Reilly almost had a coronary. She told him she liked musicals. And he told me I had raised her well (as if I didn’t know.) He tried to get her to sing “Popular” with him, but she was too embarrassed.
No comments:
Post a Comment