Thursday, November 4, 2010

Halloween

The night before Halloween we had a “Trunk or Treat” with 3 other Wards at our Stake Center. I even decorated our trunk this time. Reilly was a princess, Aidan was Iron Man, and Kadie and Luke were Doctors. (I was going to make Luke a cowboy because he loves to run around swinging a rope and yelling “Lasso!” but he has been so contrary about what types of clothing he’ll wear. I knew I could never get him to wear the proper cowboy gear.)

After the “Trunk or Treat” our ward held a Halloween party and chili cook-off. I made two chilis and one the “Best Garden Variety” for my meatless sweet potato chili and “Best Overall Chili” for my other chili. What can I say, I love chili, so I make it a lot. The kids had fun dancing, walking the cupcake walk, making crafts, and playing the bean bag toss game.


Halloween night we went “caroling” at a retirement home. The event was organized by the Activity Girls for one of their goals. We dressed up and sang Halloweenified Christmas carols like “Deck the Halls with poison ivy…” and “Humphrey the Blue Nosed Pumpkin.” It was so much fun!





No comments:

Post a Comment