Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving

We stayed home for Thanksgiving this year and didn’t even have any company. Boy is it a lot more work when you are on your own. Luckily Reilly, Kadie, and Ken shared in the preparations. The girls helped me make pies and rolls. Ken made the cranberry sauce, from scratch, just like my Dad. We mostly hung out at home. We did see the new Muppet movie on Friday. We loved it! Ken and I went out “Black Friday” shopping at 11:00 p.m. on Thursday night. (I’m not usually that crazy, but there was one thing I wanted…and I only had to stand in line for 3 hours to get it. On the upside, we met some very nice people while waiting in line. I hear not everyone had such a pleasant experience.)









We played the “Thankful” game for FHE on Monday. Here is what we came up with. We are thankful for:

Apples (We go through a ton of them.)

Babies

Cats

Dogs

Elway

Football

Granparents

Hessings

Ice

Jesus

Kangaroos

Lollipops

Mom

Naps

Optometrists

Pop (Ken thinks it should be Soda.)

Quiche

Rocks

Stars

Trees

Umbrellas (Weird, we don’t own any…Of course we don’t have a kangaroo either.)

Vultures?

Water

Xylophones

Yo-yos

Zapatos

No comments:

Post a Comment