We had Stake Conference this weekend. Our Stake Presidency was released and a new Stake Presidency sustained. They took our Bishop. We've only lived in this Ward for two years and this will be the third Bishop we've had.
Ken had a Priesthood leadership meeting to attend at 3:30 p.m. on Saturday. He returned home just after 6:00 p.m. Then we had to travel to the Church a few minutes later for the adult session of Stake conference.
The kids voted to have waffles for dinner. I had half of the waffles cooked when I had to leave for the meeting. When Ken and I returned home two hours later there was a definite odor in the air. The light to the waffle iron was glowing in the deserted kitchen. I opened the iron and found these toasty waffles...I almost didn't see them because they were camouflage black.
The girls were very apologetic.
I understand these things happen. One time I was cooking homemade pizza for dozens of family members milling about my parent's house for a birthday party...for one of my children. I put the dough in a warm oven to rise while I chopped toppings and grated cheese. Then I turned on the oven to preheat. By the time I remembered the dough in the oven, my Mom's green Tupperware bowl was little more than a puddle.
I guess I passed on my spaciness.
Maybe I passed on my resourcefulness too. I somehow salvaged the pizza dough from the puddle of bowl and made some tasty pizza for those dozens of people.
No comments:
Post a Comment