Halloween was scarce around our house this year. I’ve been so busy I kind of dropped the ball on several of our Halloween traditions. Luckily the kids didn’t want to dress up as anything too elaborate this year.
Luke was a green butterfly…for weeks...
Aidan was a Ninja. (The Ninja swords had to be confiscated twice in the last week)...
Kadie was a witch (a cute witch)...
Reilly was a vampire....
Missed Halloween Traditions:
1. Carving pumpkins: We barely even got pumpkins. Reilly and Kadie went to the pumpkin patch with their piano teacher as a reward for practicing. (Her standards must have been very lax). They each picked out a small pumpkin to bring home. Kadie named her pumpkin Steve. Reilly’s pumpkin became too mushy to carve a mere two days after the trip. My other kids began moaning Sunday night that they needed pumpkins to carve too. (I somehow thought they might forget about it. Silly me). I scoured several venues Monday before finding a meager offering of pumpkins at the Home Depot (they were even 50% off!).
This is Kadie’s jack-o-lantern:
These are Reilly, Luke and Aidan’s jack-o-lanterns:
(Oh well…maybe next year)
2. Going to the pumpkin patch (at least Reilly and Kadie made it there).
3. Making spudnuts (Maybe we'll make Christmas spudnuts this year).
Halloween things we did do:
2. Went to the Trunk’or’Treat
3. Ate dinner in a pumpkin (the dinner was in a pumpkin, not us)
I make my kids hand over all of their candy, except for ten pieces of their choice, and we put it back in the bowl to hand out to the neighborhood kids who come by. Luke picked all the dum dums out of his candy, unwrapped them all, and spent a good ten minutes trying to figure out how to stick them all in his mouth at the same time.
No comments:
Post a Comment