I made some bread last week. Luke wanted a sandwich after it came out of the oven. (There is nothing like the smell of fresh baked bread to encourage an appetite.) I was using our electric knife to cut the loaf. (I know you can cut it with a regular bread knife, but the slices are more uniform with an electric one....Kayann) The end of the cord that attaches to the knife had broken, which I didn't realize until a large spark alerted me to the damage. Besides scaring me, it burned a hole right through my shirt and left a half dollar size burn on my stomach.
The kids seemed to be most concerned that I had blown the breaker, which had thrown out the wi-fi to the house.
Ken was trying to convince me that I should keep the shirt because it was from my trail run a few months ago and I had earned it with my sweat and hard work.
I actually tried to put mustard on the burn because one of my friends had told me earlier in the week, when I had burned my finger while cooking dinner, that her Grandma was a nurse and she always had them put mustard on their burns. It hurt :(
I didn't keep the shirt, but I did take a picture of it...
**I also took a picture of the burn on my stomach, but decided it was too graphic to post.
No comments:
Post a Comment