Reilly and I performed our Stake musical program last Saturday. It turned out beautifully. The program focused on Joseph Smith and the restoration. I'm sure no one in the audience even noticed when one of the vocal soloists skipped an entire reading part and the instrumentalists, not having a complete score, played one song while the soloist sang another. (The pianist and organists totally knew what was going on though...we just didn't know what to do about it). We all eventually were on the same page...literally.
It was a great experience and I'm glad we were able to participate. Our Choir director for the production, who is also our Ward choir director, is amazing. She had the craziest warm-up exercises :)
Experiences like these make me glad my Mom said, "I lied" after she, in some moment of weakness, said I could quit piano lessons.
No comments:
Post a Comment