Sunday, October 30, 2011

Red Kettle Run


The Salvation Army sponsored a race on Saturday. One of my friends had a fitness goal to participate in this run and sent invites to all her friends. I carpooled to Omaha with several friends to run in the race. It was a 5K.

Since it was only a 5K, I limited my intake of water the morning of so I wouldn’t have to make my friend pull over at a gas station in Papillion this time because I couldn’t hold it any longer.

My feet were so frozen. They didn’t thaw out until half way through the race. I got to give the Mayor of Omaha a high-five as I was passing the starting line. (I didn’t know who it was at the time, but somebody told me later.)

It was a fun race and for a good cause!


No comments:

Post a Comment