

Kadie and Aidan both failed the school vision screening. The nurse called to tell me the bad news the day before Thanksgiving break. I got them in for an eye appointment the following day. Aidan had astigmatism in both eyes. His vision was pretty poor, but when the doctor said you definitely need glasses, he was adamant he could see...EVERYTHING just fine. He tried to argue his point throughout Kadie's exam. I was afraid Kadie would try to fail her exam just so she could get glasses. She didn't even need to try though. Genetics had done the work for her. Kadie was in heaven trying on every possible frame in the store. Adian settled for the second pair we cajoled him into putting on. For the first few days Aidan tried to rid himself of his spectacles at every opportunity. "I'm going to take my glasses off when I eat so I don't get them dirty." I asked him how often he got food in his eyes while he was eating, but he insisted he was just trying to protect our investment.
No comments:
Post a Comment