Monday, November 30, 2009
Teaching Moments
We had tithing settlement with the Bishop yesterday. It is hard for anyone to get a word in when my children are present, but he did his best to discuss the importance of paying a full tithe and why we have tithing settlement. Aidan said, “I don’t ever pay tithing.” The Bishop said, “Well, do you have a job?” Aidan said, “No.” (In a tone that implied the Bishop was crazy.) The Bishop said, “Then you are a full tithe payer because you didn’t earn any money.” Aidan said, “I put a tooth under my pillow, but when I checked under there, the tooth was still there. My Dad said I should go check again, and the tooth was gone and there was two dollars.” Kadie said, “The only place I get money is from the couch.”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment