Monday, March 9, 2009

Weekend Update

Reilly had her first Battle of the Books scrimmage on Saturday. It was very exciting. Reilly has read 14 of the 20 books, is currently reading her 15th. She did a great job. They put the kids into random teams. Her team lost their first match by just 10 points and tied their second match. Kadie insisted on coming with us. Afterward she said, “that was really boring, Reilly.” (In my defense, I warned her that it may not be too exciting for her, but she insisted she wanted to come.)

After the scrimmage, the girls and I went searching for treasure for Kadie’s birthday party. Of course she wants a treasure hunt for her party. Apparently the deranged one I came up with for Reilly’s party and the immensely difficult one that Aidan had for his birthday (which was totally NOT my fault) did not deter her. I’m busy cooking up some good clues.

The girls and I came home and picked up our men for a lunch date. We tried out the new bakery/cafĂ© on Main Street. It was very yummy! They have some good bread. Bread is my weakness. Then we spent a couple of hours trying to find a pair of black pants for Aidan so he can look decent for Morgan’s wedding. (Note: this is the wrong time of year to find black pants, at least in Las Cruces. Honestly, it’s kind of hard to find clothes, period, here.)

Then we came home and I was dying for a nap. I have been studying intensely this week and skimping on the sleep to accommodate the extra time. Ken worked on fixing bike tires. (We have many nasty stickers in this area and Ken can frequently be found fixing bike tires.)

*This morning, Luke actually helped me unload the dishwasher. Let me clarify. He happily handed me dishes and I would put them away. (Note: He often “helps” me unload the dishwasher, but the results have never been as desireable.)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun weekend, a lot better then ours I slept and Dan works we are party animals

    ReplyDelete