Today is our little Kadie's 8th birthday. She cannot be that old! Yesterday she went to her first Activity Girls with Reilly. She was so excited. We are going to do her baptism next week in Nevada. On Saturday she had a small party with some friends. We had the awesome, Mom designed treasure hunt. All of the clues actually worked this time. Besides the fact that they trampled Luke a few times in their treasure hunt exuberance, it went very well. The treasure contained, among other things, some squirt guns and they ended the party with a rousing squirt gun fight. (It was a little chilly, but the children didn't seem to notice).
Reilly had her second Battle of the Books scrimmage on Saturday. She was team captain for the second round, and they won! She is turning into quite the young lady.
This week I've been busy, busy. Ken's car wouldn't start when he went to leave for Taos Sunday night. (Don't freak out Britten, keep reading). After consulting with his Dad (a very able, self taught mechanic), Ken decided the battery cables needed to be degunked and the battery needed replacing. Unfortunately it was too dark to see well by this point and you practically have to take the car apart to get to the battery in his car. So, he got to spend an extra night with his family. Yeah! The next day, I spent a lot of energy trying to keep Luke from helping Daddy/running out into the street (two of his favorite activities). It wasn't easy. He was very upset with me by the end of it all. (Ken and Luke.) Alas, the car was repaired and I had just enough time to run over and get my haircut before I had to pick up the kiddos from school. (I want to look gorgeous for Morgan's wedding photos.) I also studied for and took a final exam this week, shuttled kids to and from various activities and now I'm trying to deep clean the house and pack for our trip. Oh, and I have TWO appointments for Luke today. I had my alarm set for 5:30 this morning so I could get up and run, but I decided to clean my pantry out instead. It looks gorgeous. Maybe I can fit in a run in between Luke's appointment today. (Maybe not).
I'll post some pictures of Kadie's fun party later.
(Oh, Aidan woke up this morning with silly putty All Over his pajamas. Apparently he "accidentally" went to bed holding it. How in the world do you remove smashed in silly putty? Is there any hope?)
Well I am happy that you were able to fix the car!
ReplyDeleteKadie's party sounded like it was a lot of fun.
I have to say I am sad that you are going to LV. because I am not going to be able to see you on that trip. I hope you have fun.