Sunday, June 9, 2013

Lincoln Zoo

Luke and I took a trip to the Lincoln Zoo with his preschool class the week before we moved to North Carolina. We went to the zoo a few times when we first moved to Lincoln, but we preferred to travel the extra time to the much larger Omaha Zoo. Luke did not remember our previous Lincoln Zoo excursions, so he was very excited for this outing.

 Luke and his friend Dane

 Luke as a frog

 Miss Jen and the whole gang

 Luke watching the penguins

Luke comparing his arm span to the wingspan of an eagle

Luke loved the zoo. We stayed after the rest of his classmates headed home so that we could explore the parts of the zoo we didn't have time for with his class. Luke was brave and touched a live snake. He talked to a free-roaming peacock. We rode the zoo train.  He fed paper to the lion.  He talked to the monkeys.  He had such a great time he said, "We should bring our whole family back here." I said, "That would be fun, but we are moving in a few days, so that is not going to work." He said, "None of you can move, I won't let you."  I said, "How do you intend to stop us?" He said, "I will stand at the the door and block it, so none of you can get out." Poor boy.*


*As an addendum to this conversation, Luke loves his new home and has adjusted quickly to the change. (Thank goodness.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment