She cooked. If you are headed her way in the near future you have to request she make her gingerbread biscuits. They are delicious...and sugar free! (Inside joke)
She washed and folded mountains of laundry.
She drove kids to school and back again.
She read to me. She read to Luke.
She played several Scrabble games with me.
(*Our little 5-year-old Luke snapped this picture for us and he was more than miffed that Grandma kept putting her head in her hands. )
We tried out a new restaurant together. (For some reason I couldn't get Ken to accompany me to Maggie's Vegetarian Cafe, but Mom was game. It wasn't Luke's favorite choice either. He settled on a muffin for lunch - a vegetarian muffin is just a muffin after all - but after discovering that his muffin contained berries he was no longer hungry.)
She rearranged her plane trip home so that she could attend Reilly's choir concert on Thursday and didn't even get heated when it turned out Reilly was mistaken and her concert was on Tuesday, not Thursday.
She was some good company and a big help!
After I dropped her off at the airport to return home, I picked Aidan up from school. He asked, "Is Grandma gone already?" I said, "Yes." He said, "Can she come visit again?"
I miss her too.
No comments:
Post a Comment