Sunday, August 12, 2012

Quilt Museum and History of Nebraska Museum

We didn't return home from our Kansas City/Liberty Jail/Independence trip until almost midnight, so everyone was a little tired Tuesday morning. We all got up late and had a leisurely breakfast before I sent Ken with the kids and his parents to visit the International Quilt Museum while I got ready for the afternoon trip I was taking with the Cub Scouts to the History of Nebraska Museum. Ann said the museum was worth the trip. I have never been, but she knows what she's talking about when it comes to quilting, so I'll take her word for it.

Each of the kids designed a quilt and sent the plans to Grandma Hessing via e-mail.

Here are the links to their quilt designs:


http://explorer.quiltstudy.org/userquilt.html?id=0c5ffd4b5c4ab8ee456b3f6b47b2f6d8

http://explorer.quiltstudy.org/userquilt.html?id=62e43275aaddfd27df6cd114f982adb3

http://explorer.quiltstudy.org/userquilt.html?id=663e332e00a4ee635242aef1a61701cb

http://explorer.quiltstudy.org/userquilt.html?id=891dc3f4db483dee36c243b7bdc1f343

Some of them are interesting.

Then Ken and crew met me at the History Museum.



After we learned some history, I helped shuttle the scouts back to their parents while Ken ran the kids home for a quick lunch. The lunch had to be quick because they had a dentist appointment a wee time later. (No cavities!) We rushed home from the dentist so Reilly could perform a quick wardrobe change before Ken took her to a YW party. I made dinner and ran Aidan to Cub Scouts (in Ken's car that was running on fumes, I might add.) I ate dinner when I got home and headed back to pick Aidan up. When I got home with Aidan, I started packing myself and the kids in preparation for our next day trip to Nauvoo. I took a brief break from packing to pick up Reilly from her party and fell into bed, exhausted after another late night.

No comments:

Post a Comment