The kids woke themselves up and got ready without hardly a peep from me. (Why do they find that impossible to do on a regular basis?)
A little female primping was in order for the first, first day and the last, first day of middle school.
Reilly was excited for school to begin again. She promises to be more focused on school work this year, and to visit the library less frequently.
Kadie was so worried about looking "right" for today that she forgot to pack actual school supplies in her backpack, a foible that was only realized when I pulled up in front of the school. I scrounged around in my purse and found two pencils and told her to make it work.
Aidan looked at me like I was crazy when I suggested I walk him to his classroom this morning. He headed of to school with a backpack full of books that he "borrowed" from his teacher last year and I found during the summer while deep cleaning his room. Lucky for us, he has the same teacher this year, so he could return them all.
Luke had a busy day. He went with me to my cub scout planning meeting. He made me play Just Dance with him. We made a boat (see above). He is excited to start preschool in a couple of weeks. Most mornings he asks, "Mom, am I bigger now?" I say, "What's the rush, little boy?"
No comments:
Post a Comment