Sunday, March 18, 2012

Take Note Heaven: I’m funeraled out for the time being

Grandma Palma passed away on March 3rd. I flew to the funeral by myself (seeing as how we just took the kids out of school for Grammy Kiholm’s funeral and some of them were not in a position to miss any more school this quarter.) Ken volunteered to hold down the home fort. (He did an awesome job too.)

I flew out of Grand Island because the pricing of their flights was slightly less ridiculous. That means I had to drive two hours to fly out of a tiny airport in the middle of a corn field. It was a good flight though. (I much prefer a 2 hour car drive + 2 hour flight to a 20+ hour car drive.)

The funeral turned out really well. Lang did a great job on the Eulogy. My Dad and President Walker were wonderful speakers, as always. Lee was an excellent guitar accompanist for the family musical offering of “Summer Song.” I somehow made it through “I Stand All Amazed.” Plus I got to visit with some family I haven’t seen in years.

Highlights of the trip:

*Watching the kids/adults play “Just Dance”

*Cooking with my Mom and Sisters

*Staying up half the night talking with family

*Going through some of my Grandma’s old keepsakes

*Singing around the piano

*Holding the new Calvins

We’ll miss these ladies.


No comments:

Post a Comment