Friday, February 10, 2012

Reilly – In Concert

We would have lingered longer in Boise if it weren’t for Reilly choir concert Thursday night. She participated in the All-City 7th Grade Choral Festival this year. She had been practicing and looking forward to this performance for weeks, so we had to get back to Lincoln by Thursday morning so she could perform in the crowning event.

The concert took place at Culler Middle School. The Choir performed five selections total, 3 before and 2 after the Lincoln Southeast High School madrigal choir performed. Aidan was about to burst with excitement when Reilly’s choir sang “Joshua Fit the Battle of Jericho.” He said, Mom, what is this song about?!” When Ken whispered to him that it was the story from the Bible, he loudly exclaimed, “Hey, we know this story!” (Unfortunately, I think he knows it from watching Veggie Tales.)

Luke needed a drink really bad throughout the entire concert, even though he had one just before it started. When Reilly’s choir completed their first three songs and exited the stage, Luke was incensed that we were still hanging around. He was somewhat distracted when the madrigal choir performed their fourth selection, “Cold and Fugue Season.” He said, “They make this music fun.” When they were done singing he yelled, “Is it over now?”


Reilly did an awesome job. She was on the front row of the stage, due to her short stature, so I though I would have a perfect view of her the whole concert. I did, up until the accompanist took her seat at the piano. Darn. I swear I could hear her sweet voice out of all the others though.We are so proud of our girl.

*All the singers from her middle school (Lux)

No comments:

Post a Comment