

School started on Monday. The kids were more than a little apprehensive about going to a new school. They were awfully quiet and reserved on the way there, well 2 out of 3 were. (Reilly isn't ever quiet, it's not in her nature.) When I picked them up though, they were all talking at once. I'm glad they like to learn.
Apparently they are also an anomaly. Kadie said she was the only kid in her class that didn't have brown eyes. Reilly said she is the only kid in her class that does not have brown hair. Aidan said they made fun of his hair color in art class. I guess they don't know what to think of "light" brown hair.
The girls were excited to go back to school for a second day. Aidan told me he did not want to go to school, he hates having "regular" days. I'm not quite sure what that means. Unless it is connected to the comment he made last week about me assigning him a writing project. He said, "Some days people have birthdays and we don't have to do any work." (Obviously I am not included in that "we." I guess I don't count...sniff,sniff.)
*Note they are wearing jackets in the middle of August. Winter is going to be so much FUN!
I was going to ask if it was really cold enough for jackets. Cold in August? That idea is totally foriegn to me.
ReplyDeleteI like the slide show of pictures! Are your days pretty mellow with Luke?
ReplyDelete