Sunday, April 19, 2009

Another Wedding


So, I haven’t documented my sister’s wedding yet. I will include a picture with this post, but unfortunately none of the snaps we got turned out very well. There was poor lighting at the reception and I still can’t figure out why all the pictures I take with my new camera are so cruddy. It is probably user error, I admit. I’m not the best photographer as it is.

Anyway, Morgan was married in the Las Vegas Temple at 10 am on March 28th. The kids, sans Luke, spent Friday night with Grandma and Grandpa Hessing in their hotel. We got ready and carted Luke to the hotel and made it to the Temple with plenty of time to spare. It was a beautiful ceremony. President Walker performed the sealing. He officiated for my wedding almost 13 years ago. It was nice to hear the advice he gave again. I wasn’t in the right frame of mind to take it all in at my own wedding. (Hey, I did catch some of it. We’re still married, aren’t we?)

After the Temple ceremony, we had a luncheon at a church building. We had just enough time to run back to my parents’ house, change the kids into their reception duds, help pack up supplies for wedding reception refreshments, and make it back to the church for pictures. My sister wanted an early reception. My Mom balked at a 2 or 3 in the afternoon start time (understandably so), so they settled for 5 to 7 pm. It was still a little weird. It was fun to visit with the Hendersonites I haven’t seen in a while. After the reception clean-up, we went back to parents’ house to try and pack up a little and do some last minute visiting with family. We had to leave early the next morning to drive back to Taos and Cruces. Luke got sick during the night, and we spent many hours trying to comfort him. Ken and I were both dead for the drive home, but we made it to our respective locations without incident. We all had a really good time, but it seemed much to short. I hope we get to return again soon!

*I can’t believe that all my siblings are married now except for Chelsi. Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment