Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Sometimes I'm My Own Worst Enemy

I picked Kadie and Aidan up from school yesterday and headed over to Kadie's piano teacher's house. After depositing her on the doorstep, I turned my full attention to my son.

Me: How was school today?
Aidan: Good.
Me: Did you have P.E. today? (trying to coax him into a more descriptive conversation with his favorite activity.)
Aidan: Yes.
Me: Well...what did you do in P.E.?
Aidan: We did the scooters. Look at my finger. It got smashed.
Me: (Trying to look backward at smashed finger while still driving the car in my lane. I'm pretty good at this from years of practice.) That looks like it hurts. What happened?
Aidan: If you put you hand on the floor while you are playing scooters, people can run over it.
Me: Someone ran over you finger with a scooter?!
Aidan: No. I put my hand on the floor and I ran over it with my scooter.

No comments:

Post a Comment