Saturday, December 4, 2010

Thanksgiving For the Rest of Us

We don't live in Nevada, Idaho, OR Utah. That makes us family outcasts. Practically living in outer darkness.

Luckily Joe and Jeni are members of the same club, so while the bulk of the rest of our family was enjoying Thanksgiving festivities together, we had a intimate Midwest gathering of our own.



Wednesday morning I took Kadie to get two teeth pulled. The dentist had a surprise opening and could fit her in. I was hesitant, but the dentist assured me she would be up to eating holiday food the next day. (He was right! That girl has a hollow leg!) She also felt up to playing a little Guitar Hero with her Dad, Aunt, and Uncle.

I spent the rest of Wednesday cleaning, cooking, and baking. My pies didn't turn out too bad this year. (They never look as good as Kayann's. Does she have to be good at EVERYTHING. Save some talent for the rest of us.)

We bummed around Thursday, playing games, visiting, and watching movies. You should have seen Ken and Joe trying to do charades to act out hypertext for our game of Cranium. I wish I had video. Ken finally contorted his body to form the letters for T-E-X-T. (I'm not sure that is legal, but nobody disputed it by that point.)

Luke had a grand time playing dress-up with Charlotte, Aidan played a lot of computer games with an audience of little girls sitting nearby, and Anne tasted cat food for the first time. I'm glad we were able to spend some extra time with family--thanks for making the trip!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks! We had a lot of fun coming too. If forgot to mention hypertext in my blog! haha And just so you know, Anne can "meow" quite well now. haha!!

    ReplyDelete