Kadie had a dentist appointment at 11:30 a.m. I knew if I dropped the kids off at school, hurried home and put on a movie for Luke (I know shameful) I could have a quick run on my treadmill, since I haven't been able to run in forever. All was going well until I was pulling on my running shoes and Luke came in to show me that he had taken a bath, fully clothed, in the bath water his brother forgot to drain after his morning bath. I changed his clothes and pushed forward with my plan. I actually did fit in 3 miles (yeah!).
While getting a glass of water, before a shower, I noticed my answering machine blinking. It was sister Chelsi asking me to call her back. She sounded either tired or depressed. I decided not to take a chance and called her back immediately. She was tired AND had a new cell phone number. Ten minutes into our conversation I realized I probably would not have time to take a real shower so I proceeded with a baby wipe spit bath while still on the phone. In the middle of said spit bath, Luke came in to show me he was covered in coco. Further investigation revealed he was not the only thing covered in cocoa. Cocoa, I decided, is a powder that can be dusted off a person reasonably well, the same cannot be said for ones kitchen, this requires more intensive cleaning that I did not have time for, especially considering I was still only half way through that spit bath and talking on the phone with my sister. Luke's hair was still a little too brown, but oh well. Resuming with spit bath and dressing. Luke runs in screaming, rubbing his eyes, and smelling of pepper. What! Now I have to give him a real bath to remove the pepper from his eyes, and I guess the rest of the cocoa while we are at it. Luke objects to having his head shoved under running water, but objects more to having black pepper in his eyes. I say good-bye to my sister who is laughing hysterically, dress my toddler (again) and myself and still make it to pick-up Kadie on time.
Some days with a two-year-old are like that. Unfortunately, this is a typical day for my two-year-old. Pray for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment