I packed the kids up Friday morning, kissed the cats good-bye (not really), stopped by the library for some books on CD (none on tape because the car eats them and regurgitates them in an awful mass), and headed off to Taos. The kids were highly entertained by the Wee Free Men, a lunch box full of snacks, and yes, at the end, beating on one another (that wasn’t until the very end, so I count myself fortunate.) We made the trip in about 6 hours and 3 bathroom stops.
We stayed in Daddy’s old smelly apartment. We hoped to find a house that we could rent and move into in the next month. We were unfortunate in that endeavor, but Ken is still looking and having more success this week. (It’s all in his hands. Kind of scary, but I have faith in him).
Since the house hunting wasn’t going so well, we decided to go to Fred Baca Park. The kids teeter-tottered, slid, and dug. We took a short trail through the Park wetlands area. We went and toured the Downtown Mall (very touristy.) We ate lunch at the Five Star Burger. I had this divine turkey burger with peach chutney (just thinking about it makes me salivate). Then we went to see Night at the Museum II (anything to avoid going back to that apartment before we had to.)
We attended church on Sunday. Well, I tried to. Luke wasn’t in the mood to attend any meeting and they didn’t really have a Nursery. Yes, a nursery room, just no leader.
The kiddos and I headed back to Las Cruces Monday morning. Reilly got several phone calls along the way from Grandmas wishing her a happy birthday! My little girl is officially 10.
We stayed in Daddy’s old smelly apartment. We hoped to find a house that we could rent and move into in the next month. We were unfortunate in that endeavor, but Ken is still looking and having more success this week. (It’s all in his hands. Kind of scary, but I have faith in him).
Since the house hunting wasn’t going so well, we decided to go to Fred Baca Park. The kids teeter-tottered, slid, and dug. We took a short trail through the Park wetlands area. We went and toured the Downtown Mall (very touristy.) We ate lunch at the Five Star Burger. I had this divine turkey burger with peach chutney (just thinking about it makes me salivate). Then we went to see Night at the Museum II (anything to avoid going back to that apartment before we had to.)
We attended church on Sunday. Well, I tried to. Luke wasn’t in the mood to attend any meeting and they didn’t really have a Nursery. Yes, a nursery room, just no leader.
The kiddos and I headed back to Las Cruces Monday morning. Reilly got several phone calls along the way from Grandmas wishing her a happy birthday! My little girl is officially 10.






No comments:
Post a Comment