Friday, February 13, 2009

What's in a name?


So, Aidan's Primary teacher called Sunday morning with a little assignment. They were going to be discussing how and why their first names were chosen. She asked me to talk to Aidan about it, so he could share the where and how his name came to be.


We have FHE Sunday mornings since that is the only day Ken can actually be there. I thought that would be a perfect opportunity to bring up names. I explained the assignment and asked Aidan if he knew why his father and I named him Aidan. His response was, "Yes. Because I didn't have a name and if people wanted to talk to me they would have to say something like, 'Hey, you!' ,and that wouldn't work very good."


*As a side note, Aidan means "fiery one." It is such an apt name. Both fires and Aidan seem to induce panic.

No comments:

Post a Comment